Disc Golf

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disc Golf

Post  DriftWood on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:39 pm

This is one of my hobbies. Helps me to relax after 100 straight deaths on ET Laughing

I live in the north but suprisingly we have two 18 hole courses available. And not too far away.
Here is a short intro:

and a website.
Disc Golf

And I put here on the spam department of the forum as this is not a game you can play on the comp Smile (Although Wii Sport Resort has this as one of the game modes on it)

Doesnt cost too much Smile

-Drift
Ps.

DriftWood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disc Golf

Post  Bitchy on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:38 pm

We played that in school last year in the sports lesson and i sucked balls on it. :S I nearly hit the teacher in the head...

Bitchy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DriftWood on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:54 pm

Ye, took me a few visits to the course to get used to the disc and different distances. Nobody is a master at first and only some achieve it. (I am not one of those Laughing )

Almost hitting your teacher in the head sounds very promising. You have the talent at least. Smile
You only need one or two friends and it can be fun.

-Drift

DriftWood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R0u$back on Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:56 pm

First time i hear about this "sport"

R0u$back

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZoD on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:16 pm

R0u$back wrote:First time i hear about this "sport"
"sport" ?

Tried one of those frisbee golf long range frisbees (I think) once, but couldn't throw it so well. ;< We don't have any tracks close to the place where I live so can't do this in full scale.. I'm sure it is fun tho!

Ultimate is also a very fun sport - more fun than you might think. Played it few times in school and some times more on freetime with friends. In that I'm a bit better coz normal frisbee is kinda easier to throw xD
ZoD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:44 pm

it's fun to play it on the beach :>

phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruben0s on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:47 pm

I saw it a phew times on the tv

________
I will ride some elephants
Ruben0s

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DriftWood on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:03 am

ZoD wrote:
Tried one of those frisbee golf long range frisbees (I think) once, but couldn't throw it so well. ;< We don't have any tracks close to the place where I live so can't do this in full scale.. I'm sure it is fun tho!

Ultimate is also a very fun sport - more fun than you might think. Played it few times in school and some times more on freetime with friends. In that I'm a bit better coz normal frisbee is kinda easier to throw xD

You are right. The big difference between "the normal" disc aka frisbee and golf discs are the shape (usually aerodynamically) and the grip you need to use in order to get the discs to fly in a way they were designed.

Ultimate is way more heavier in the sport side of things. And it involves strategic thinking. Very much fun indeed.

Disc Golf has the same problem as regular golf. It does not seem to require enough physical strength to make a 18 hole course and break a sweat. However it does when you try to get your disc to fly over 60 meter distances. Smile

And you can really start it cheap. There are discs that work on all parts of the course. As a fairway driver, mid-range, approach and putting. Those discs cost about 5-8 euros. Cheap to start but you can use loads of money if you want to buy lots of different kinds of discs. From 5 to hundreds of euros if you want different shapes and materials to be used.

These days I play using three different discs. One for long drives, one for mid-range and one for getting the disc into the basket.

-Drift

DriftWood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top