Co-op games: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GameCube)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Co-op games: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GameCube)

Post  DriftWood on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:24 am

A Little exception to the old stuff pc games and back to the world of consoles.

After playing some FF games like VII and IX and FFX on playstations with some of my friends. One used to play the game and others made comments on the side (I had a couple of dates with like minded females this way when rain made it impossible to go out [this really works, hint hint Smile] ).

I had just gotten my GameCube and then came the news that Final Fantasy was coming back to nintendo console. Nice!
Then Crystal Chronicles was published and it was a mild disappointment as the soloplay was a bit of a letdown. And the characters were not the ones I had seen in Playstation versions.

The game had a multiplayer option too, but... if you played solo you used one of the Cubes game controllers, but if more tried to play you needed a GBA unit to do it. Luckily regular GBA was selling rather cheap back then cause new GBA SP and Micro were coming to the market and that really dropped the "normal" GBA's prize down. That was not enough cause you needed to buy a cable to connect your GBA into Cube.

My friends and I made the sacrifice and bought the GBA units and tried to play multiplayer Crystal Chronicles.

What a wise choise it was! The game turned from mediocre ok game (73/100) into a fun and superb game (95/100) that you could enjoy for hours to come.

The Story behind Crystal Chronicles is a world that is filled with miasma that kills people. The villages survive by gathering a sap from certain tree. Once a year a party is sent to gather this stuff and they adventure while looking for it.

In solo play you have a moogle carrying a vase where the stuff is gathered, but in multiplayer one player has to carry it. It creates a forcefield and you can stay alive inside it. If you have to go outside your hp will drop soon. The gameplay is easy once you get it. Every character has one different view than others and it will show only on your GBA screen. If there is a treasure hidden you have to tell your friends about it etc. And at the beginning of each new map you will receive a target that is for you alone. "Do most damage", "receive most damage", "gather most treasures" etc. This makes playing sometimes total fun as you try in vain to be the player who has taken loads of damage and others try to rescue you and take more damage to themselves Smile.

Multiplayer gameplay.

You use your magic and normal attacks the way of those different colored circles. You heal, attack and do other things with them. You get a combos by moving all those circles at the same spot and release them at the same time for better effects. This is still totally playable game. Only Zelda Four Swords for GameCube tops over this one (and I might return for that game later)!

-Drift

DriftWood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Co-op games: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GameCube)

Post  BadBest on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:33 pm

I totally agree with u
I got that game but haven't played it a lot cauz imo it's way too hard 1 player (well that's what I remember. I bought it like ~6 years ago) :S
It's so meant to be played with 4 players with gameboy advance connected (or DS now idk:S) that it's hard alone
And well, my friends and me cudn't afford to buy 4 GBA when we were 15 :S

BALLS OUT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HARDY on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:09 pm

jawahoaaallll,.,.!!!

HARDY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DriftWood on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:34 pm

BadBest wrote:
It's so meant to be played with 4 players with gameboy advance connected (or DS now idk:S) that it's hard alone
You can do well with two, three or four players.

DS is used with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time (for Wii). One player can use Wiimote to play it and the rest use DS. Since both have a wlan capabilities you dont need any more extra bits to play it. The Only let down is that the game was really done for DS (about 90/100) and not for Wii (70/100). So it looks like crap on Wii.

-Drift

DriftWood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top